From Niotso Wiki
tuning.dat is a file that defines Tuning constants.
tuning.dat is a Persist file. After decompression, its format is as follows:
- Entry count - A 4-byte unsigned integer in little-endian byte order specifying the number of entries to follow
- Entries - As many entries as specified by the previous field
For each entry:
- Entry name - A ciphered Pascal-like string, using variable-length coding for the length field under the scheme defined in the FC FF STR# format, specifying the name for this entry. The string is ciphered by adding 13 to each character's value. To decipher, simply subtract 13 from each character. This is NOT the same as ROT-13.
- Key/value pair count - A 4-byte unsigned integer in little-endian byte order specifying the number of key/value pairs for this entry
- Key/value pairs - For each key/value pair:
- Key - A ciphered string following the same format as mentioned above
- Value - A ciphered string following the same format as mentioned above
censor.dat uses a similar format.